We are so incredibly happy to announce that this handsome young man has a family who has begun submitting their paperwork to bring him home forever! We are so excited for him and his forever family, and we can’t wait to see them come home!
Visit our photo listing today to learn about the other kiddos with our agency who are hoping to find their forever family!
1. Needs- While China is now considered a Waiting Child program and we no longer see “healthy children,” many older children have very minor or previously corrected needs.
2. Make a Difference- Due to their age, even older kids with needs which have previously been corrected are considered harder to place. By opening up to the idea of adopting an older child, you are providing them with the opportunity to experience the love of a forever family.
3. Quick Process- Since older children are typically considered Special Focus, the process from start to finish is relatively quick compared to most other programs. Depending on what your family is open to in terms of age, gender, needs, etc., you could bring your child home in just 12-18 months after you apply!
4. Fewer Unknowns- When adopting an older child, there are fewer unknowns when it comes to their needs and their personality as they are further along in their development than the younger kiddos at the orphanage.
5. Eligibility- With the recent changes to China’s eligibility requirements, there is no longer an official age cutoff for adoptive families. Single applicants can now adopt a child who is no more than 45 years younger than themselves, and married couples can now adopt a child as long as they are no more than 50 years younger than the younger parent. This means that families in all walks of life have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a waiting child.
Visit our latest WOW Kids blog post or visit our photo listing to learn more about the older children that our agency is currently advocating for. YOU have the ability to make a difference in their lives before they age out!Read More
Hi, my name is Krista and I am 13 years old! I was born with a cleft lip and palate as well as anal atresia. However, some nice doctors worked hard to repair both of those problems, and now I am feeling much better! I also have a condition that affects my vision, but it doesn’t seem to bother me too much and my friends at Great Wall are working hard to find out more about it. My caretakers describe me as an optimistic ray of sunshine who is always willing to help others. I sometimes assist with daily chores, and now I am old enough to help watch the younger kiddos in the orphanage! I am very involved in school and I even know a few English words. I hope my friends at Great Wall can help me find my forever family soon!
Hi, my name is Alex and I am 13 years old. I am considered an older healthy kiddo, and I am so excited to find my forever family! My file is a little bit out of date, but my friends at Great Wall are working on getting updated information on me! If your family is interested in learning more about bringing me home before I age out, please contact GWCA to learn how!
Hi, my name is Stella and I am 13 years old! My motor skills are delayed compared to some of my friends, but I don’t let that get me down! My muscles are a little weak which sometimes makes it hard for me to walk, but I have worked really hard to rehabilitate them. My foster family is great and they have helped me learn the importance of hard work and never giving up. My teachers say I am smart and I have a love for studying. Thanks to my foster mom’s love of the opera, I really enjoy singing, especially opera music. I like drawing, playing with Barbie’s, and playing on jungle gyms. I am active, outgoing, compassionate and polite. I can’t wait to meet my forever family so we can sing and play together!
Hi, my name is Matilda and I just turned 13 years old. My doctors tell me I have something called autism, so I’m a little bit delayed compared to my friends. I don’t talk much but I am physically strong. I like to help out around the orphanage. When I see little kids who can’t walk yet, I will help carry them around to the different activities so they don’t miss out on the fun. My caregivers say I am kind, helpful and an all-around good kid. I can’t wait to meet my forever family!
Hi, my name is Jake and I am 13 years old! I am a healthy young boy, and I love to play all kinds of sports. I also enjoy drawing and making paper airplanes. My caretakers say that I am optimistic, friendly, and clever. They really appreciate that I help them wash dishes and keep the house clean. I have several good friends, and I like to hang out with them in my spare time. My caretakers say that I sometimes have outbursts, so I’m hoping my friends at Great Wall will be able to help me find a forever family that can give me lots of love and attention. I hope that I can find my forever family soon!Read More