USCIS Paperwork Information

Families have two options: you can apply for extensions of your paperwork with USCIS, or allow your paperwork to lapse and re-file with USCIS under the I-800A once closer to referral.  Keep in mind that we do recommend families interested in adopting a child through our Waiting Child Program keep their USCIS approval current.

Please note you are NOT required to continue refilling for the I800A approval.

For information on the form I-800A, and to download the form, please visit the USCIS website at:

Per CCCWA guidelines, families are now required to work with a COA accredited or Hague accredited home study agency for post adoption reports. If you have moved during the process and are working with a new home study agency other than the agency that assisted you during the dossier phase, your new agency must be COA accredited or Hague accredited for the purpose of your post adoption reports. If you are no longer working with your original home study agency please let us know so that we can confirm your current agency’s accreditation status. Remember GWCA must review and approve each home study and home study update before it is finalized.  Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have questions about this process.

About Post Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *